As Salaamu ‘alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuh
I am a school-going boy. Lately, I have been missing my salaah often. I miss at least one salaah a day presently. I am awake at the time, but still, I delay and I fall asleep and miss my salaah (mostly ‘esha and fajr salaah).
On school days, I read my fajr salaah most of the time, but on weekends, I miss my salaah sometimes. I have heard that it is a great sin to make qaza even one salaah. What can I do to prevent myself from missing salaah in the future?
Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem
Wa ‘alaikumus Salaam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuh
- Yes, it is indeed a very grave sin to miss even one salaah deliberately. If you overslept after every effort was made to make the salaah on time, then insha-Allah, there is no sin – so long as you make up for that salaah as soon as possible.
- We should keep in mind that by reading our fajr salaah in its correct time, there is the guarantee of Allah Ta‘ala’s Protection for that entire day. Added to this, each salaah comes with so many blessings and so many great rewards. We really would not want to miss out on so much of good – which will definitely be seen and experienced in our daily lives, and which will be enjoyed in the Hereafter, insha-Allah.
And the greatest reward is earning the pleasure of Allah Ta‘ala. Each salaah is a wonderful opportunity to gain His pleasure and closeness. How can we miss out on these opportunities?
If Allah Ta‘ala is pleased with us, then His Help will be with us and He will make life pleasant and happy for us – because Allah Ta‘ala is the Giver of happiness and He is the Controller of our hearts.
- The book, “Virtues of Salaah” by Hazrat Shaikhul Hadeeth, Maulana Muhammad Zakariyya (rahimahullah) is easily available. In fact, in every musjid, the jamaat bothers read from this kitaab. Make the effort and read one or two ahadeeth daily from it. Insha-Allah before you complete the kitaab, you will get the courage to perform all your salaah.
- Make istighfaar and taubah over the negligence shown thus far, and try and complete the qazas as soon as possible.
- A great help in overcoming this weakness is to befriend someone who is regular with his salaah and ask him to give you a miss call when he is going for salaah. Good company is greatly instrumental in establishing good habits and good deeds. So always be mindful of the company you keep.
- Also, read the following prescription which is generally given to those who find difficulty in waking up for fajr. Insha-Allah, the advice and prescriptions therein will be found beneficial. http://yunuspatel.co.za/articles-getting-up-for-fajr.php
- May Allah Ta‘ala grant us His Love, the taufeeq of complete obedience; as well as eagerness and enthusiasm to fulfil His commands.
Was Salaamu ‘alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuh
Yunus Patel (Maulana)